Registered Agent FAQs

Why did I receive an invoice for annual representation?
You have received an annual renewal representation invoice because United Corporate Services, Inc. was listed as your registered agent on your registration documents filed with the Secretary of State or other government agency.

Is this a one-time fee?
Representation services are renewed on an annual basis.

When is the renewal period?
The annual representation period for United Corporate Service, Inc. is for one year which runs from July 1st through June 30th.

Does this invoice cover the cost of my franchise taxes?
No. Franchise taxes are paid directly to the state where your company conducts business. As your registered agent, depending on the state, we will forward notifications received on your company’s behalf.

Why do I need a registered agent?
All businesses must have a contact in the state where they are registered. If your business is registered in a state where you do not have a physical location, you must appoint a Registered Agent to accept documents on your behalf.

What if I no longer need registered agent services?
Please contact us at advising that our services are no longer required. The contact sending the request must be on record in order for the request to be processed.

How can I pay my renewal representation invoice?
You can pay online or you may contact our from 9am to 5pm at (800) 899-8648 or you can mail your payment to:

United Corporate Services, Inc.
Ten Bank Street
Suite 560
White Plains, NY 10606

We accept payments by credit card (American Express, MasterCard, Visa and Discover), Bank Check, Wire Transfer and ACH. Contact our Accounts Receivables Department at for more information.